005: Judy Kay – Conflict Resolution within the Dental Team
Welcome to another episode of The Dentalpreneur Podcast. On today’s show we’re talking with Judy Kay. Judy is a very successful coach in the dental field that focuses on conflict resolution within your practice to primarily make the work place for you, your staff, and your patients more enjoyable. Even though Judy’s main focus is not increasing revenue in your practice; by increasing staff morale, it’s something you, your staff, and your patients will feel hence increasing the cash flow in the practice.
Patients can feel when there is tension in the office either between co workers or even between staff and the patient. These feelings are going to drive patients away because, let’s face it, who wants to be put in an uncomfortable situation. This is why Judy is such a successful coach. With her positive attitude she can mend the leaks in your practice that could be costing you money, patients and possibly even good employees.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Dentalpreneur.
More About This Show:
Judy started out in the dental field in 1982 as a receptionist in the dental office. She then worked her way up the ladder and served as an administrator to many successful practices for close to 25 years. It is here that she got to experience the problems every dental office faces such as staff quarrels, and unfriendly patient care. Judy said she has always been a positive person even as a child and she said this is why when she started coaching she branched out into this specific sub-niche within the profession.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How to properly resolve a conflict between your dental staff
- How to handle patient conflicts
- What books can help you improve the moral of the office
- How to efficiently define your practice standards and how to start implementing them into your practice.
- How to inspire and educate your entire staff to success
- How to make even the most difficult conversations easier
Judy goes into detail on this episode about:
The steps in successful conflict resolution within your staff to create a more unified team.
- Most dentists have problems with leadership or being the bad guy in their own practices when it comes to conflicts between their staff. This often happens when the dentist has staff with strong personality traits and believes their practice would not survive without a particular staff member
- Judy Recommends to first have a staff meeting with all of your employees and instead of pointing fingers ask in generally what they want out of their work place. Once this is defined, state what it is you want out of your practice
- Then Judy states you should ask the staff how they plan on implementing these changes in the practice
- Judy suggests a full day meeting once per year to get together with your staff and really nail out the standard attitudes, procedures and goals within your office so there will be not questions later on how to handle any given situation
- Judy then suggests you meet at least quarterly to review and adjust attitudes as necessary
There’s a whole lot of great information on this episode, thanks to Judy Kay. As always thanks for joining us. See you next time on The Dentalpreneur podcast.
- JetLab: jetlabservices.com
- Email: Judy@practicesolutionsinc.net
- You can also visit Judy’s web site: www.practicesolutionsinc.net
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Write a Review on iTunes