035: Dr. Darren Flowers – How To Survive And Prosper With The Expert Of Efficiency And Profitability
Dr. Flowers is a graduate from the University of Kentucky School of Dentistry class of 1995. He shares how he began his dental career working for the Federal Bureau of Prisons after graduation as part of a Public Health Service scholarship payback program. After working for more than five years serving the inmate population in Arizona, Dr. Flowers decided to settle and open a practice in Anthem, AZ. He was able to establish himself as the first dentist in what quickly became a fast growing planned community. With a practice that earned 1.3 million in collections and averaged 60-70 new patients a month, Dr. Flowers’ practice flourished. With the onset of the recession Dr. Flowers’ business began to experience a steady decline to less than $800,000 in collections and fewer than 20 new patients a month.
Today, Dr. Flowers and I discuss how his practice was able to survive and again begin to flourish after the recession. By expanding his management skill set and becoming an expert in efficiency, Dr. Flowers was able to once again build his practice back up to its former success. There is no question Dr. Flowers is an expert in efficiency and profitability.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Dentalpreneur.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The first steps you should take in the face of practice financial hardship
- How to prosper with a majority PPO patient base
- The importance of a daily huddle and its effect on practice efficiency
- Why dental software reporting knowledge is key in understanding your office’s numbers
- How to create a system dependant practice
Special thanks to Dr. Darren Flowers for sharing his journey of success and taking the time from his busy practice to speak with me on today’s show. Thanks to you for joining us on another episode of the Dentalpreneur podcast.
- Contact Dr. Flowers at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get your free copy of Pillars of Dental Success
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Write a Review on iTunes