063: Dental Insights From The Land Of Kiwis
This week Dr. Aaron Nicholas and I presented at the Dental Success Summit International 2016 – Auckland, N.Z. (along with Dr. Jason Lowry). Aaron and I chat about the more notable differences between dentistry in New Zealand and the United States, what we learned and what we were able to share with the doctor’s and staff that attended the Summit. We discuss the most distinctive contrast, that New Zealand dentistry is not an insurance based industry. New Zealand dental offices are fee-for-service practices. We examine the difference a cash based practice has on patient expectations of service and desire to, or consideration of lowering overhead expenses. As a last remaining example of profitable fee-for-service dentistry, New Zealand has been a glimpse into what the “golden era” of what dentistry might have been like in the United States.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Dentalpreneur.
More About This Show:
Dr. Nicholas is a frequent guest on The Dentalpreneur Podcast. He has been practicing dentistry for more than 27 years. Dr. Nicholas is also the developer of the well known clinical efficiency products, “The One Hour Molar Root Canal Build Up and Crown” and “Ultimate Anesthesia”, a speaker and a business coach. Dr. Nicholas has been and is a featured speaker for Dental Success Summit 2016, both stateside and now internationally.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How a cash based dental industry operates
- Why overhead awareness is crucial to practice success
- How high production & lack of competition can create false security
- Why training videos are easy and effective
- How high revenue can mask flaws in office operations
Special thanks to Dr. Aaron Nicholas for speaking at the Dental Success Summits in Auckland and the upcoming Summit in Sydney. Thanks to you for joining us on another episode of the Dentalpreneur podcast.
- You can reach Dr. Nicholas online at MondayMorningDentistry.com or web@MondayMorningDentistry.com
- Pog Mahone’s Irish Pub and Restaurant located at:
14 Rees St.
- Get your free copy of Pillars of Dental Success
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Write a Review on iTunes