075: Dr. Mark Costes – Creative Practice Financing, Balance & Favorite Books
Welcome to another episode of The Dentalpreneur Podcast. On today’s episode I would like to share some of the questions and comments I have received in the last month or so.
To start, I address a question I am asked very often about maintaining work/life balance. Balance is a continuous evolution between life and your never changing non-negotiables. I explain what the differences are for me now that I have more experience in practice management and systemization. I am again in a business growth mode, but armed with new tools I am able to continue the balance I have established with my family and work life.
Next, I take a question regarding profit management and ways to manage that profit. I also share the more dependable ways to develop a tangible plan for that income.
Finally I discuss creative strategies I use to negotiate the purchase of practices. I cover a recent purchase deal that includes a 10% down payment, owner financing, and 10 year amortization with a balloon payment in 2 years.
“Listener questions”, is one of my favorite types of episodes, because the variety of topics is broad and there is so much information shared.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Dentalpreneur.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why you don’t have to choose between happiness and success
- How to grow after you have defined your non-negotiables
- How I manage the profit of a successful practice
- How to utilize your travel and down time for personal growth by listening to podcasts and audio books
- Creative strategies for negotiating the purchase of a practice
Thanks to you for joining us on another episode of the Dentalpreneur podcast.
- Books mentioned in this episode
- E-Myth Revisted, by Michael Gerber
- Extreme Ownership: How US Navy SEALs Lead & Win, by Jocko Willink & Leif Babin
- Fred Factor, by Mark Sanborn
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competitor Irrelevant, by W. Chan Kim & Renee Mauborgne
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done In 12 Weeks Than Others Do In 12 Months, by Brian P. Morgan & Michael Lennington
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Write a Review on iTunes