084: Dr. Walter Knysz, Jr. – A True Dentalpreneur
Welcome to another episode of The Dentalpreneur Podcast. Joining me today is Dr. Walter Knysz, Jr.
Dr. Knysz is a dentist, entrepreneur and business owner. Prior to becoming a dentist he was a successful stock broker. After graduating from Detroit Mercy in 1975 Dr. Knysz started a number of successful businesses in addition to practicing dentistry. Among those businesses are MIDA Dental Plans, Great Expressions Dental Care Centers, Knysz Holdings and Unified Smiles.
Today Dr. Knysz and I discuss the journey that brought him to his latest business success, Unified Smiles. He explains in detail how the evolution of dentistry from the start of his career and his business acumen have all given him the experience and courage to create the very successful business model that is Unified Smiles. Dr. Knysz shares what role capitation plans played in his business growth. Through Unified Smiles, independent dental practitioners benefit through the negotiating power of numbers and experience. Dr. Knysz and I get into detail on the many ways Unified Smiles has been able to save members money and create greater value in their practices.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Dentalpreneur.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What the benefits are to having a constant advocate for product savings
- Why you should accept you can’t do everything
- How becoming an expert at hiring good personnel is key to growth
- Why it is important to surround yourself with people that make up for your shortcomings
- How keeping track of your numbers monthly
- What the good and the bad to capitation plans are
Special thanks to Dr. Walter Knysz, Jr. for taking time to speak with me on today’s show. Thanks to you for joining us on another episode of the Dentalpreneur podcast.
- Contact Dr. Walter Knysz, Jr. at
- (248) 766-0852 or (248) 633-2460
- Check truedentalsuccess.com for upcoming events
- Get your free copy of Pillars of Dental Success
- Visit the Dentalpreneur Podcast website
- Write a Review on iTunes