090: Dr. Mark Costes Q&A – Minimizing Cancelations and Booking Unscheduled Treatment
Welcome to another episode of the Dentalpreneur Podcast. On today’s show we are doing a questions and answer session, focusing on a question submitted to us by Dr. Jacque.
Today Dr. Mark Costes focuses on how to deter patients from rescheduling appointments as well as how to engage with them in the most effective way concerning unscheduled recommended treatments. To begin, he recommends to Dr. Jacque and listeners to check out previously recorded Episode 81 titled “Case Acceptance: The Unsexy Truth.”
All of that and more on today’s episode of the Dentalpreneur.
More about this show:
Dr. Mark Costes emphasizes the point that it is not necessarily how you deliver your treatment plan, but the focus should be more on creating a culture within your office and getting your team on the same page. He also poses some questions back to Dr. Jacque, such as, “Who is currently doing your treatment plan in your office?” He makes the suggestion to take a look at how effective the delivery of this plan is by whoever may be implementing it. Do they adequately covey the importance of the plan to the patient? It is vital to be as honest and objective about this evaluation as possible.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- More about the culture of the office and how to effect the patient experience
- How to most effective handle scheduling treatment for patients
- Hot spots in the appointment setup verbiage
- The importance of having personal contact with patients regarding appointment reminders rather than relying solely on technology
- The best ways to discourage rescheduling without charging a cancellation fee
Thank you for joining us on today’s episode. We’ll see you next time on the Dentalpreneur.
- Visit http://truedentalsuccess.com/dentalsuccesssummit/
- Visit https://voicesofdentistry.com/
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Visit the Dentalpreneur Podcast website
- Write a Review on iTunes