093: Preparing for a Successful Career in Entrepreneurial Dentistry with Brian Pierce and Derek Green
Welcome to another episode of the Dentalpreneur Podcast. On today’s show we are getting a glimpse of what it takes to be a positive focused 4th year dental student on the brink of graduation.
Joining us to share their experiences and insights are 4th year dental students Brian Pierce and Derek Green. Brian and Derek are classmates at Midwestern University and they are gearing up for graduation in a few short months. Today Dr. Mark Costes discusses some key elements that they have found beneficial to making their long term career goals more of a reality while also gaining as much as possible out of the school experience.
All of that and more on today’s episode of Dentalpreneur.
More about this show:
Derek knew he wanted to be a dentist when he was 16. He knew he liked working with his hands when he began jewelry making and became fascinated with watches. From there he started dental assisting and knew at that point he wanted to own his own practice some day. Brian did his undergrad degree in general business then got into schooling for dentistry. Similar to Dr. Costes’ experiences, he found that schooling in general business focused more on larger corporations and not small business so he later took classes specific to small business ownership.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What to do as a student to improve the possibility of success in attaining future practice ownership goals
- What makes a club successful in dental school
- Tips on handling large debt load after graduation
- How networking while in school can transform your experience post graduation
- The definition of incentive days in dental school
Special thanks to Derek Green and Brian Pierce for sharing their knowledge and experience on today’s show, and thanks to you for joining us as well. See you next time on the Dentalpreneur.
- Visit http://truedentalsuccess.com/dentalsuccesssummit/
- Visit https://voicesofdentistry.com/
- Books mentioned in this episode:
Good to Great by Jim Collins
The E Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Blogs mentioned:
The White Coat Investor http://whitecoatinvestor.com/classic-blog/
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Visit the Dentalpreneur Podcast website
- Write a Review on iTunes