095: Dr. Peter Boulden – Principles of Building a Dental and Real Estate Empire
Welcome to another episode of the Dentalpreneur Podcast. On today’s show Dr. Mark Costes talks business with a fellow multiple practice owner and podcaster, Peter Boulden.
Georgia native and industry leader Peter Boulden has been practicing dentistry for 15 years. He shares a little bit about how his journey in dentistry began. He also divulges some key tips, tactics and strategies that he has learned along the way and has implemented in his own practices.
All of that and more on today’s episode of Dentalpreneur.
More about this show:
Peter was told what he would make as a practicing dentist while he was in school, but he quickly realized there was no ceiling in the profession and you can keep growing and expanding. He now has a multimillion dollar operation and has received offers for millions to buy just portions of it. Peter currently does not intend to sell. He feels he has many more years to utilize the experience and knowledge he has already gained and looks forward to building on that strong foundation even more. Mark and Peter discuss some of the key points that help to start out right when beginning your career as a practice owner and how to keep that momentum going.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How to maintain a healthy work/life balance
- When is the right time to look at expanding your practices
- How to know when owning multiple practices is not right for you
- Owning versus leasing real estate
- What is the definition of cap rate
- What are the best depreciation strategies
Special thanks to Dr. Peter Boulden for sharing his knowledge and background on today’s show, and thanks to you for joining us as well. See you next time on the Dentalpreneur.
- Visit www.bulletproofdentalpractice.com
- Visit truedentalsuccess.com/dentalsuccesssummit/
- Visit voicesofdentistry.com/
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Visit the Dentalpreneur Podcast website
- Write a Review on iTunes