107: Dental Students AND Practice Owners
Welcome to another episode of the Dentalpreneur Podcast. On today’s show Dr. Mark Costes sits down at The Voices of Dentistry Summit with two dental school students.
Daniel Dela Cruz and Matthew Whitson are both 4th year dental students and they have partnered up to purchase their own dental practice before even completing school. They decided to hire an associate with more than 20 years experience in the field to run the practice while they finish up school. Daniel was born in the Philippines and moved to the US when he was 9 years old with no English speaking abilities. Mathew is from Cookeville, TN. The two of them met at the University of Kentucky.
All of that and more on today’s episode of the Dentalpreneur.
More about this show:
After graduation Matthew and Daniel plan to set up four or five practices together before moving back to their respective home states. They explain their short term and long term plans on how they will be running the different practices.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What it means to have a greater impact on the community as a practice owner
- What it looks like to have an exit strategy set up while still studying
- How to begin with the end in mind
- The importance of focusing on making a difference rather than salary
Special thanks to Daniel Dela Cruz and Mathew Whitson for sharing their insights on today’s show, and thanks to you for joining us as well. See you next time on the The Dentalpreneur.
- Seminar information:
- Register at http://breakawaypractice.com/register-now (scroll to Feb 16 and 17)
- Visit TrueDentalSuccess.com
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Visit the Dentalpreneur Podcast website
- Write a Review on iTunes