137: Assembling Your Bulletproof Billing Department
What’s your adjusted production to collections percentage?
In today’s episode of the Dentalpreneur Podcast, I interview the director of my Billing and Accounts Receivables Department, Kelcie Thompson.
Kelcie, who has over fifteen years of experience in the dental profession, personally oversees the accounts in all ten of my dental offices and supervises a team of six.
During our interview, Kelcie sheds some light on how she manages to keep it all straight and shares some of the valuable lessons that she’s learned about dealing with dental insurance companies throughout her career. We discuss:
- The importance of a comprehensive insurance verification form and how the front and back office teams can best utilize it.
- How to manage the claim process and the best checks and balances to ensure payment.
- How to avoid the majority of claim denials and what to do when a denial does take place
- Why having a dedicated biller away from the from office will greatly increase the effectiveness and efficiency of your collections and billing process
- And much more!!
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Visit the Dentalpreneur Podcast website
- Write a Review on iTunes