174: Effective Associate “Onboarding”
What is your current method for training an incoming associate doctor?
For most practices, training a doctor that’s new to the practice involves nothing more than throwing them in to a full schedule and seeing if they sink or swim.
In this episode of the Dentalpreneur Podcast, Kiera Dent (DSI’s chief in-office implementer and Regional Manager for Flagship Dental Group) and I discuss our process for on-boarding a new dental associate.
Specifically, we discuss:
- How a structured, high level process allows new grads to quickly develop their practice management and clinical armamentarium
- The importance of calibrating a new doctor with the owner’s preferences and expectations early on in the relationship
- How to overcome the challenges of hiring a seasoned doctor that is resistant to change
- How to align practice philosophies in order to avoid future bottlenecks and conflict in your dental practice
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Visit the Dentalpreneur Podcast website
- Write a Review on iTunes