178: Thinking About Starting a DSO?
Like it or not, there’s something huge brewing in the dental profession.
Small, medium and large Dental Support Organizations (DSO’s) are popping up across the country.
If you’re wondering where this trend came from, where it’s going and whether you should jump on board or watch from the sidelines, this episode is for you.
Today on the Dentalpreneur Podcast, I interview Brian Colao with the Dykema Law Firm.
Brian and his firm represent over 200 DSO groups in all 50 states in the areas of entity formation, compliance, mergers, acquisitions, working with private equity and just about anything else that you can think of in the DSO world.
During our conversation, we discuss:
- The history of DSO’s and why this time, they’re not going away
- The importance of legal structure and why it’s so important to define your exit even prior to formation
- The practice valuation benefits of selling a group versus a solo practice
- What private equity is looking for when they vet for groups of practices to buy
- The legal way for non-dentists to own interest in dental practices
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Visit the Dentalpreneur Podcast website
- Write a Review on iTunes