306: The Epidemic of Cancellations and No-Shows
Welcome back to Metrics Monday. So far, we’ve covered patient attrition (Ep. #296) and perio vs. prophy (Ep. #301 ). Pulling good data and defining your numbers is essential in order to achieve success in our industry.
As always on Metrics Monday we are going to break down one KPI and discuss why it matters, how to track it, and how to take action on it. On this addition, Kevin Rossen and I break down reappointment rate as it applies to both the hygiene and doctor columns.
During the episode, we discuss:
- How we define reappointment rate
- What is a good target percentage to shoot for
- How reappointment rate is related to broken appointment rate
- Common reasons for a low reappointment rate
- Our patient reminder systems